The FTDI USB to TTL serial converter module is an UART (universal asynchronous receiver-transmitter) board used for TTL serial communication. It is a breakout board for the FTDI FT232R chip with an USB interface, can use 3.3 or 5 V DC and has Tx/Rx and other breakout points.
FTDI USB to TTL serial converter modules are used for general serial applications. It is popularly used for communication to and from microcontroller development boards such as ESP-01s and Arduino micros, which do not have USB interfaces.
Can be used to replace the firmware on most Sonoff devices.
- Chip: FT232R (FTDI)
- Pins: 6 pin headers and 18 through hole connectors. DTR, RX, TX, VCC, CTS, GND and PWR, TEN, SLEEP, CTS, 3.3V, 5V, RXL, TXL, GND x 2, TXD, DTR, RTS, VCC, RXD, R1, RSD, DCD (all marked)
- Working voltage: 5V DC
- Level output: 3.3 – 5 V DC (jumper)
- Interfaces: Serial/UART
- On-board LEDs: power on, Rx, Tx transmission, working status
- Operating current: 500mA
- Module size: 36 x 18 mm
- Pin size: male, 5 x 2.54 mm
- Ports: Micro-B USB
- Breadboard friendly: yes3.3V and 5V dual power output